Before Your Tan
- Exfoliate 24 hours before tan with an oil free body scrub or exfoliating wash. Do NOT miss this step!
- Waxing, shaving and facials should be done 24-48 hours before your tan.
- Start moisturizing after your showers a few days before your tan (if you do not already do so). Hydrated skin will take the tan better.
Day of Tan
- Take a basic shower (just rinse with water) morning of your spray tan. Do NOT wear any moisturizers, lotions, deodorant, perfumes, body sprays, or makeup to your tanning appointment. If you must come with makeup, you’ll need to remove it before the tan.
Wear dark, loose fitting clothing. You don’t want anything snug to rub off the tan after spraying. Flip flops or open toed sandals are best for shoes. Avoid a bra if possible. The less rubbing against your fresh tan, the better. Tanning solution will wash out of most fabrics, but may stain nylons, lycra and silk.
After your tan
- Avoid getting wet while your tan develops. This includes getting in the pool right after the tan, sweating, being in the rain, etc.
- Leave your tan on for the appropriate amount of time: Rapid tans can be rinsed after 1-4 hours (depending on depth of tan desired), regular tans 8-12 hours.
- First rinse should be a short, luke warm shower with NO soap! You will see the topical bronzer rinse off. This is normal. Your tan will take 24 hours to fully develop. After your initial rinse off you can live life as normal! Avoid soaps and moisturizers with mineral oils. They will fade the tan faster.
Dry skin will fade quicker, so be sure to moisturize!
When showering, pat dry with your towel, don’t rub. Rubbing the skin will exfoliate and and your fade will tan faster.
Keep in mind that chlorinated water and very hot water will fade your tan quicker as they dry out your skin.